Sunday, 22 April 2012

La belle province

6. Visit Québec City- Easter weekend


I have very been super negligent with posting my progress, but some has been made. D and I enjoyed a completely wonderful weekend in Québec City over Easter weekend. Despite terrible weather, it was a weekend of snoozing, eating, and a newfound appreciation of stone masonry (for D).


I still can't believe such old world, European awesomeness is only a four hour train ride away from real life. Strolling cobblestone streets and navigating through centuries old buildings is a delight usual only rewarded after a transatlantic flight and several thousands of dollars spent. Being no great fan of Montréal (I know, I know) I tried to go in with a completely open mind to QC. My expectations were handily surpassed. And then some.


Our view from afternoon drinks in our hotel...
... which was a castle. As seen here from the Citadel
Aside from the history and the architecture, there was some serious eating to be done. In keeping with regional delights, I indulged in steak frites, french onion soup, crèpes, and macaroons (eaten in bed, like I am Marie freakin Antoinette)


All day long I dream about steak frites
The definition of "spoiled"

After a particularly rough stretch at work, this holiday was so appreciated. I couldn't have asked for a
more relaxing, interesting, and delicious weekend with my lovely D.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment